Sve što niste znali ...
Dakle, naziv maila bio je Sve što niste znali o Sjedninjenim Američkim Državama i Iraku, ali držim kako taj naslov ne govori samo o ta dva pojma već kako pokriva mnogo širi spektar unutar kojega će vam mnoge stvari ovog našeg grubog svijeta postati jasnije. Kako je e-mail pisan engleskim jezikom, odlučio sam ga u tom obliku i ostaviti, pogotovo jer je pisan jednostavnim riječnikom koji, vjerujem većina vas poznaje. Isto tako ovoga puta sam se odlučio suzdržati od komentiranja i zaključivanja, iako se na osnovu ovog materijala može podosto toga komentirati i zaključiti što ne bi stalo niti u stotine ovakvih novica. Zbog toga sam rekao NE! Ovaj put. I imajte strpljenja pročitati ovo do kraja, jer isplati se!
Q = pitanje
A = odgovor
Sve što vam se ne sviđa možete saopćiti dežurnom krivcu:
Charles Sheketoff, Executive Director Oregon Center for Public Policy PO Box 7, Silverton, OR 97381
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does
the U.S. have?
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would
ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the
world, according the UN?
A: 10% (that's about$40 billion, the amount of funding
initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological
weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by
the US government, along with Britain and private
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of
gas warfare against Iran?
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using
gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this
action at the time?
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America
use in Vietnam?
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and
September 11th terrorist attack?
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian
casualties in the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military
inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried
alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in
Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in
cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did
America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its
weapons for anything other than deterrence and self
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world
peace now than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon
predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air
strikes on Iraq?
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between
December 1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on
Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661
introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's
imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989
(per 1,000 births)?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq
in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by
October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have
died due to sanctions since
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to
the Ba'ath Party HQ?
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in
fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity
to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN
weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors
back in ?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America
veto between 1972 and 1990?
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: Over 400
dajte, nemojte mi reć da se čudite
... Kina, Koreja, Trinidad, Ekvador, Vijetnam, Honduras, Panama, Venezuela, Kuba, Čile, Etiopija, Dominikanska republika, Afganistan, Maroko, Iran ...
Po prvi put u povijesti, svjetska javnost može uistinu uvidjeti razaračku i licemjernu politiku američke vlasti. Amerima ovo nije prvi put: sjetite se Istočnog Timora i milijuna mahom civilnih žrtava, a sve pod budnim okom US vojske i velikih (i opet mahom) US kompanija. Ima toga još...